Very lost, Outdated guides

Hi! I’ve been banging my head against the wall for the past few hours trying to get a tt-rss installed and configured on a fresh ubuntu 16.04 server, and unfortunately I’ve hit a few roadblocks. Would it be possible to get an updated guide as the one currently provided seems incomplete? Thank you :grinning:

please elaborate

/20char

This guide works fine… What do you think is wrong with it?

I have to agree OP… With the db/mysql schema part at least. It says no where in the ‘Installation Guide’ that you have to create the schema or where it’s found. I have now found the schema… I’m doing a fresh install, I created the db, db-user and password, but when refreshing the /install/ it throws a bunch of errors in my lighttpd log, including:

PHP Warning: PDO::query(): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘tt_rss.ttrss_version’ doesn’t exist in /usr/share/webapps/tt-rss/include/functions.php on line 1012

which is fine and it seems like it is because no tables are loaded and I’ll work out the schema part and load it in… But it would be nice to expand a little more on the db/mysql/pg side of the install guide on this part of the setup.

That’s because the tables should be created automatically during the installation process. If they’re not, something else went wrong because things are mis-configured.

I used this to create my schemas:

mysql --user ttrss --password= ttrss < /usr/share/webapps/tt-rss/schema/ttrss_schema_mysql.sql

which created the tables. So it must have been something else… off topic. Works now. thanks.

But you dont need to install the schema manually, I’ve done multiple installs over the years and never had to do that, it is automatically done on setup.

If you have any other problems I’d suggest going back to the drawing board and making sure everything works from the beginnning, no workarounds. If schema didn’t setup properly on install then who knows what else isn’t working properly.