Record Number of Feeds and Inbox Zero

I wonder how many feeds a person can have and still have time to read it all to have zero unread at the end of the day. Obviously there is no hard limit, I am just curious on the strategy behind some heavy user’s usage.

My current record: 3000 feeds, not all checked daily, some only once per week. With heavy black-list filtering, a lot is handled automatically, so I only see the most relevant news. Not using TT-RSS by the way, but considering it, so it would be a pleasant surprise to hear that someone else is handling a similar volume with TT-RSS.

I guess you don’t have much of a life with that amount of feeds. :grinning:

First: Inbox Zero is a term coined by Merlin Mann in 2007. It has nothing to do with getting to zero items in you inbox, it’s the amount of time your brain is in your inbox. He has very often stated how he hates the term now.

Second: you should better invest time in reducing the number of feeds instead of coming up with filters to remove everything you don’t want to see.

I am just curious on the strategy behind some heavy user’s usage.

Pool together as many sources as possible. Filter the useful stuff. Skim over it. Auto-delete even unread ones after 3 days. RSS as Twitter minus uncontrollable algorithms.