[Plugin Update] - FeedIron v1.2.0

Hello everyone, Back in April 2018 m42e granted me git access for the FeedIron repo. Seeing there hasn’t been any threads since the old forum, I thought I should post about the recent changes.

The major changes:

• Pull tags from article using xpath, regex or assign pre-defined tags based of a regex search
  • Allow xpath use on Readability results
  • Optionally use Readability.php
  • Tidy source html
  • Tidy processed html
  • Trigger rule according to rss author tag

If you don’t know what FeedIron is:

This is a plugin that allows you to replace an article’s contents by the contents of an element on the linked URL’s page

i.e. create a “full feed”. FeedIron was based off the plugin af_feedmod

The Plugin is now under a feature freeze. It needs a fair amount of re-factoring and code cleanup

Would it be possible to do something about this?

SQLSTATE[22021]: Character not in repertoire: 7 ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xceed HINT: This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".
#0 /home/.../classes/rssutils.php(893): PDOStatement->execute(Array)
#1 /home/.../classes/rssutils.php(190): RSSUtils::update_rss_feed(142, true, false)
#2 /home/.../update.php(177): RSSUtils::update_daemon_common()
#3 {main}

I haven’t researched this issue. It appears on a single feed when I add it to the feediron configuration. Doesn’t appear to be harmful, just spams the error log.

I’ve never seen that error before, but you could try using the force_unicode option.

1 Like

I think it’s working better now, thank you for the tip!