Feed update interval under 15 mins

I wasn’t able to find this posted with an answer so hopefully I’m not doubling up… Is there a way to reduce the update interval to 5 mins or less? Any help is appreciated.

Through UI or on server via command line?
I don’t use UI update.
You can have cron job run at whatever interval you want…for every 5 mins…(*/5 * * * *).
That frequency seems a bit overkill, but that’s just my opinion.

The 5 minutes cron job is useless without feed marked under 15 minutes.
The cron Will run empty 2 time on 3.

Maybe that can be edit in database feed by feed or in the code to add the frequency you need.

The update daemon by default runs every two minutes, but of course it only updates feed that are due for an update, which is a minimum of 15 minutes. A cron job would be no different. The limit is coded into TT-RSS and if you want it to be different you’ll have to tweak some code.

But please don’t be that person. Honestly, what possible reason is there for hitting a web site every 5 minutes or less? You’re creating unnecessary load on someone else’s server. If things are changing more frequently than the 15 minute interval allows, then contact the site’s admin and let them know so they can include more articles in their feed.

But please don’t be that person. Honestly, what possible reason is there for hitting a web site every 5 minutes or less? You’re creating unnecessary load on someone else’s server.

Exactly this. RSS is NOT A REALTIME PROTOCOL! I’d ban your ip if you tried this with me. :confused: