Describe the problem you’re having:
In the Android app, The “Use quick preview” setting always opens Chrome custom tabs, even if you have a different default browser that also supports custom tabs.
If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:
- Install another browser that supports custom tabs (for example: Chrome Beta, Firefox Focus (Not the same as the regular Firefox, which doesn’t support custom tabs), or Samsung Internet).
- Set it as your default browser.
- Enable “Use quick preview” in settings.
- Open a link in the Android TTRSS app.
- Click the dots menu on the top right corner and notice that it says “Powered by Chrome” and not your default browser.
tt-rss version (including git commit id):
Tiny Tiny RSS Android app 1.213.
Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
Android 7.1.2, Nexus 5X.
Please provide any additional information below:
The Gmail app is an example of the expected correct behavior. Enable Gmail settings -> General Settings -> Open web links in Gmail, then open a link from an email and notice how the custom tabs it opens belong to your default browser, not Chrome.