Difference between Generated Feed and Published Articles

I’m using TTRSS to collect dozens of feeds as a curator for online courses I teach. I’m trying to figure out if I can create several unique feeds of curated articles based on keywords or topics. From what I understand, I can use the GeneratedFeed URL to share specific categories from my reader publicly, but those include all items in that category. The Published Articles are a single URL and include specific items.

Is there a way I can I create a Generated Feed (public) of curated (Published) articles?

Not sure if this still works as I do not use it myself but you can write a plugin for virtual feeds where you can define your own criteria (by label, tag, content, etc.). You could assign a custom label (topic1, topic2, etc.) and return all these articles in a virtual feed which itself should be shareable by a custom link.

Example plugin: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss-samples/src/master/example-plugins/example_vfeed

published is a subset of generated feeds, it’s simply was there before general purpose syndication
became a thing.

you can assign custom labels and share resulting label feeds, this would give you controllable subsets of articles of your choosing to reshare.

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks @fox.