Ctrl-clicking headlines doesn't remove highlight from previous targets

Nothing earth-shattering, and a visual thing, rather than a functional problem…

Describe the problem you’re having:

Ctrl-clicking the titles to open the original target in a new widnwo doesn’t clear the highlight from previous headlines where this has been done:

If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:

Ctrl click more than one headline in succession.

Left-clicking a different headline clears the highlights.
Middle-clicking doesn’t change any highlighting (i.e. it doesn’t highlight the one clicked, nor does it remove multiple previous highlightsl

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

# git rev-parse --verify HEAD
d195c6a62e4967682c42397c53d100b5e5412c0a

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

# uname -a
Linux server.onlinehome-server.info 2.6.32-042stab127.2 #1 SMP Thu Jan 4 16:41:44 MSK 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# php --version
PHP 5.5.38 (cli) (built: Feb 18 2017 08:33:29) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2015 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies

# mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.59, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
# firefox --version
Mozilla Firefox 59.0

# chromium-browser --version
Using PPAPI flash.
 --ppapi-flash-path=/usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libpepflashplayer.so --ppapi-flash-version=
Chromium 64.0.3282.167 Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 17.10

Please provide any additional information below:

Nothing visible in the debug console. At all.

i normally use tab for it btw

e: i think ctrl-tab should open article in new browser tab, the fact that it selects the headline is probably a bug

Having just had a play with that - having not known about it - that’s not what I’m reporting, or trying to do. Tab seems to be a deliberate multi-select?

I appear to be invoking it, without intending to.

It does - that’s the intended (well, my expected, and actual) functionality.

It’s just the unexpected highlighting I was reporting, since it wasn’t something I’d previously seen. Or, perhaps, noticed.

Just presumed it was another missing var instance…

yeah, tt-rss hotkeys are a bit, uh, unorthodox.

unlikely, those cause exceptions. that’s probably how it always was.

e: i’ll take a look at this tomorrow, maybe

I’m not surprised Ctrl+clicking causes articles to be highlighted, Ctrl+click is a standard mechnanism used in Windows and likely linux to multi select single items in lists instead of using Shift to select an item range…

You can do the same thing in Windows Explorer with files and many programs that have listboxes.

I guess the problem here is choosing which one to use, since in a browser, Ctrl+click is used to open links in a new tab, I’m guessing this is a browser provided function, so probably cannot be disabled by TTRSS.
Probably best to see if that multi-select can be disabled somehow, suspect it’s a built-in dijit function? (or w/e it’s called).

Honestly I didn’t even know Ctrl+click opened new tabs, I’ve been using middle click for years, less effort i giess.

Ctrl is more convenient for me under certain circumstances (on sofa with laptop with awkward double click Vulcan grip needed.)

Usually use middle click when I have a proper mouse.

going by https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/wiki/InterfaceTips it shouldn’t select anything
therefore it’s a bug i suppose

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/e35a46733fe48d2cd1e64bd7020531b0587f1bbe fix