Can't login after installation (running on host)

I’ve installed tt-rss, the login screen appears but when I click “Log In”, the same login page appears and nothing else happens. No error, no logs in the DB.

When filling in “admin” as user, the profile gets loaded so that part is working.

I’m running nginx and postgresql on Debian 10. Any hints on here to look for the error?
tt-rss is served from a subdomain (root folder).

Both a phpinfo.php or an index.html in the root are displayed as they should.

I’m really clueless…

why not use docker then?

Because I don’t want to.

I don’t know why fox did not ban you until now…
If you want support, please provide at least useful information which is clearly stated Read before posting / reporting bugs - Announcements - Tiny Tiny RSS: Community .
How do you think anyone is able to help you, if we don’t know your setup. Maybe a dependency is missing, that’s why fox friendly mentioned the official docker setup, where all dependencies are installed.
And I can tell you that at least some nginx logs are available.

Reading this post literally as written implies you aren’t entering in a username and password.

@conrad784 Because there is nothing in the log. Nginx reports no error, the logging table in the database is empty. Installation worked just fine. I’m asking for where to look for something I can debug.

Yes, to me it also seems like I didn’t fill in any credentials. I obviously did. In the DB I can also see sessions being started. But nothing happens in the browser window.

But I’m on the “community” page right? I feel very welcome. First post and I’m threatened with a ban.

Huh? The only thing the forum owner has said to you is, literally, “why not use docker then?” What’s wrong with you?

I don’t know why fox did not ban you until now…

Oh, so some other dude rhetorically asked why the owner had not banned you, and that’s somehow a threat to ban you coming from, I guess, “other dude” and not the owner of the forum.

You’re making a fool of yourself. I can’t fathom why you’ve not only started digging this hole and jumped into it, but you’re doubling down on dumb and digging deeper.

@Bert,

Please take some time, as previously mentioned, to read through this post:

Then provide the information requested in it. You said you had nothing to report because logs were empty; however, that post requests more information than just logs. Read it again and respond with the required information. No one can help you if you don’t help us.

You were not previously threatened with a ban; however, you can consider this response a warning. We are happy to help you but you are required to put a little effort in as well. Normally a post like yours (where you provide no information, repeatedly) would result in a suspension because it wastes everyone’s time here.

Given that you have provide no information, the only thing that comes to my mind is that you do not have auth_internal enabled in global plugins in config.php. This would normally throw an error on loading, but if you’ve enabled auth_external or some other auth_ plugin it would not.

Nevermind, I’ve installed FreshRSS.