Cache Media Error

Describe the problem you’re having:
My Event Log is being flooded with the following:

Error: E_WARNING (2)
Filename: classes/rssutils.php:1268
Message: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): Empty string supplied as input

1. classes/rssutils.php(1268): loadHTML()
  2. classes/rssutils.php(833): cache_media(, website.url/)
  3. classes/rssutils.php(153): update_rss_feed(98, 1, )
  4. update.php(252): update_daemon_common(50)

I have enabled caching media in this feed, but I only actually pull the inline images with Af_Readability inside a filter. I’m sure it’s the empty (bare) feed that’s causing the error, and I’d also bet that it’s a badly formatted feed in the first place. However, is there anything I can do to mitigate or eliminate the errors from showing up?

tt-rss version (including git commit id): v20.06-6eb94f1

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
Official Docker static running on Ubuntu 19.04
PHP 7.2.27
PostgreSQL: 12.3

while this particular warning might not be necessary, you don’t need to run for the hills (or this forum) in panic just because there’s a new message in the event log. it doesn’t mean something is wrong.

I understand that this message is not significant. However, my event log flooded with hundreds of these messages does make it impossible to find/notice any warnings I should be aware of.

You can always do what I do: Dump the output to /dev/null. I only put logging on for TT-RSS when I notice something not working.

(With proper log rotation, etc. setup it shouldn’t really matter anyway.)

yeah, it was more of a general comment on the event log. i’ve made a note to take a look at document-related warnings (including this one) when I have some free time. :slight_smile:

Thank you both!
I’ll go ahead and redirect the output for now while I wait for something more permanent down the road.

https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/38a7a1da88904faf9fe5ca3c222e5f27920f3300

this took me a while

Thank you very much I update this morning and all looks to be good.