Blog page for new releases / release notes?

I was mainly referring to AngryChris and shabble. Both had 0 constructive input on the discussion and only came here to insult people.
In most forums, there is no doubt they would have been perma banned for trolling.

you young people are so thin-skinned it’s hard to imagine how you manage to get on with your daily life what with being triggered all the time

oh no without your patronage kind sir i won’t be able to eat this month, not even rotten potatoes

You had your answer. Yet you persisted whining.

There was nothing further “constructive” to add.

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool

Well its less about “oh you wont survive without my money” (I m sure there are plenty of other people who dont know or care about your attitide and are happy to buy the app / donate) and more about me spending money on a project I may or may not pursue any further.

We get it. You feel bad and you want us to feel bad too. If we promise to feel bad will you go away already? I’m sure at least one of those other people you mentioned has created a tool that is at LEAST as good as this one, if not better. It is time for you to go devote your positive energy to giggling about how you showed us while we sit here, feeling bad, as promised.

Well yes. Since you promised to feel bad, my mission here is accomplished. This was the only reason I opened this thread.

You’d already said that because you couldn’t get a pretty printed blog entry, you were going to stop updating your installation. There’s nothing intelligent that can be said to someone with that attitude because that attitude is indicative of someone who isn’t interested in constructive discussion. It’s the attitude of a whiny toddler taking his ball and going home.

Sure, you try to sound all erudite, but the actual content of what you’re saying is, “I’m a smug little shit. And I’m going to cut off my own nose to spite my face because you won’t give me what I want.”

Go away.

And sleeperservice hasn’t even shown up to this one…

If you have nothing good to say, then you should omit any response at all.
Especially if you are acting as “moderator” and thus your response can be considered official statement.

The professional way would have been to answer the request with “no, there is no such page” and thats it.
Its interesting to see that so many “moderators” jump in here, just to give 0-content comments.
The only person with a reasonable response has been “JustAMacUser”.

However, I am glad that tt-rrs comes with a subscription to this very forum right out of the box.
So people can get a clear picture and form their own opinions.

You are apparently unaware of how Discourse works. The system automatically promotes people to moderator status based on how long they’ve been around, how much they’ve posted, and how “liked” their contributions are. I’m not a mod through any official action, nor do I exercise any moderator privileges. It’s a flag the system gave me as the result of a built-in algorithm.

And don’t be embarrassed! I actually learned all of this just today reading this article: Debian discusses Discourse

What ticked me off is your smug attitude. Your proclamation that because you can’t get someone else to do work you want them doing (digesting commit messages into a pretty blog post), you’re just going to stop updating. This is a stupid position to take.

If you want this work product (a changes readme), and no one else is wants to do it, it falls on you to do it. This is, after all, an open source project. If you have the itch, scratch it yourself. Don’t be a whiny baby about it. Just do it.

I think this thread needs to go to a proper place.