Alphabetic sorting issue

Under Preferences, on the Feeds tab where you see a treeview of all the feeds, I noticed they are sorted alphabetically. But uppercase letters are sorted before all the lowercase letters.

For example, it does this:
Alpha
Bravo
Delta
Echo
charlie

I think it should sort lowercase letters with the uppercase letters:
Alpha
Bravo
charlie
Delta
Echo

“Tiny Tiny RSS v21.01-78ed649 © 2005-2021 Andrew Dolgov”

i’m not pro or against this, really, but wouldn’t it be easier to just name your stuff consistently, instead of relying on case-insensitive sorting because you can’t be bothered to press shift? just saying.

also, i’m not really seeing this, at least for feed titles. it seems to be already sorted the way you want it.

The locale will affect it, specifically ‘LC_COLLATE’ setting. A “C” setting will cause the capitals-first. Any UTF-8 will probably cause it to ignore the case. Certainly “en_GB.UTF-8” on the commandline works this way for ‘ls’.

it’s possible although i think it’s more of a mysql vs postgres issue. going by the source, it’s not explicitly written to be case-insensitive.

like i said, i don’t really care either way. if someone wants to file a PR that sorts by LOWER(title) or whatever i’ll merge it, unless there are legitimate objections. the place to start looking would be makefeedtree() in prefs/feeds.php.

I renamed the feed name from capital to lowercase and back to capital multiple times, and I’m sure the unwanted behavior is happening consistently. I use mostly uppercase letters for feed names, but this feed is named after an open source program whose name starts with a lowercase letter.

My ttrss is running in Docker. App image is “cthulhoo/ttrss-fpm-pgsql-static” and the database image is “postgres:12-alpine”.

On the app’s php info page, it says “$_SERVER[‘HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE’]” is “en-US,en;q=0.9”.