Update service - feeds stop updating

I actually re-initialized the postgresql database and was running with only the default ttrss feed, and that hung also, so yeah, something isn’t working with F26. Guess I’ll just wait for a few updates and try again.

when i was writing tt-irc i had to rewrite process management in java because php fork/exec/etc was very unreliable, it mostly worked for tt-rss but maybe php devs broke everything completely with 7.1

e: i remember someone running into similar issues because of php modules (i.e. .so files) enabled in php.ini. either duplicates or something like that. maybe try digging in that direction? disable everything for php CLI except for bare minimum, etc.

Re: .so files - one thing to check is that you don’t somehow have more than one op cache loading. I accidentally had this after a Debian upgrade (because I’d previously enabled one and then the upgrade default enabled a different one). That causes all sorts of issues.

I downgraded from 7.1 to 7.0 and it appears to be working… and apparently 7.0 causes issues also. I didn’t pay attention before because it seemed to run ok, but when I checked now, noticed it was throwing out errors.

E_WARNING (2) classes/db/pgsql.php:63 pg_fetch_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given1. classes/db/pgsql.php(63): pg_fetch_result(, 0, unread)
2. classes/db.php(82): fetch_result(, 0, unread)
3. include/db.php(21): fetch_result(, 0, unread)
4. classes/feeds.php(1469): db_fetch_result(, 0, unread)
5. classes/handler/public.php(270): getFeedArticles(-3, , 1, 2)
6. public.php(50): getUnread()
14:31
E_USER_ERROR (256) classes/db/pgsql.php:48 Query SELECT count(int_id) AS unread FROM ttrss_user_entries,ttrss_entries WHERE unread = true AND ttrss_entries.id = ttrss_user_entries.ref_id AND (unread = true AND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) AND ttrss_user_entries.owner_uid = 2 failed: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type interval: " hour" LINE 3: …ND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) … ^1. classes/db/pgsql.php(48): user_error(Query SELECT count(int_id) AS unread
FROM ttrss_user_entries,ttrss_entries WHERE
unread = true AND ttrss_entries.id = ttrss_user_entries.ref_id AND (unread = true AND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) AND ttrss_user_entries.owner_uid = 2 failed: ERROR: invalid input syntax for type interval: " hour"
LINE 3: …ND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) …
^, 256)
2. classes/db.php(70): query(SELECT count(int_id) AS unread
unread = true AND ttrss_entries.id = ttrss_user_entries.ref_id AND (unread = true AND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) AND ttrss_user_entries.owner_uid = 2, 1)
3. include/db.php(8): query(SELECT count(int_id) AS unread
unread = true AND ttrss_entries.id = ttrss_user_entries.ref_id AND (unread = true AND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) AND ttrss_user_entries.owner_uid = 2, 1)
4. classes/feeds.php(1459): db_query(SELECT count(int_id) AS unread
unread = true AND ttrss_entries.id = ttrss_user_entries.ref_id AND (unread = true AND score >= 0 AND date_entered > NOW() - INTERVAL ’ hour’ ) AND ttrss_user_entries.owner_uid = 2)
5. classes/handler/public.php(270): getFeedArticles(-3, , 1, 2)
6. public.php(50): getUnread()
14:31
E_USER_WARNING (512) classes/db/prefs.php:106 Fatal error, unknown preferences key: FRESH_ARTICLE_MAX_AGE (owner: 2)1. classes/db/prefs.php(106): user_error(Fatal error, unknown preferences key: FRESH_ARTICLE_MAX_AGE (owner: 2), 512)
2. include/db-prefs.php(5): read(FRESH_ARTICLE_MAX_AGE, 2, )
3. classes/feeds.php(1415): get_pref(FRESH_ARTICLE_MAX_AGE, 2)
4. classes/handler/public.php(270): getFeedArticles(-3, , 1, 2)
5. public.php(50): getUnread()

7.0 should be fine, it could be something with your database

for example you need to log in at least once so that preferences are initialized

Yup… I had re-initialized the database when I switched back to 7.0, the messages only appeared one time. 7.1 has issues however…