Tt rss app auto update

Hello,

I really hope this is not a duplicate.
I’ve just bought and installed the app on Android, configured my server to update the feeds every 15 minutes, which works fine so far.

But the widget of the app only updates the unread counter if I open the app. I would like to update it automatically, so I could always see the number of unread feeds on my server.

Also it would be nice to have a notification (in the notification drawer) on android which shows how many new feeds are in each category or feed (not showing empty feeds)

Bleurgh… Not a good idea. I really could do without a loud beep every X minutes telling me some stuff that I might be interested in has updated.

But the widget of the app only updates the unread counter if I open the app.

no, it does update periodically, however android enforces pretty strict limits on how often widgets can do stuff, so the cooldown is pretty long

also your other notification idea is terrible

stuff that I might be interested in has updated.

after implementing trending posts i’m going to add photo filters and likes, after all it’s time for tt-rss to finally enter 21st century

I didn’t mean a beep or vibration, rather a silent text wich tells me when a new post arrives from my favorite blogger…

do you know how often/how long the cooldown is or where I can look it up (moto g5, Android 7)? Woke up in the morning and had the status from last evening.

Oh cool⸮ This would be a killer feature⸮ Can you add intrusive and irritating adverts as well as spyware⸮ …

kinda open you all can see the ? aka irony mark above… :smiling_face:

If it is a silent text, what difference from looking at the widget does it makes?… That’s right, none whatsoever.

You can use widgets on the screen locker as well. I used c locker pro which does just that.

Because the widget does not tell my if there is a feed update from “feed i read sometimes and which posts 20 times a day” and “feed I read asap because I want to have the news and posts 5 times a day”
I guess you also have priorities in your feeds? One feed will tell me when certain event tickets are available, which I want to know asap.

another app just to fix a problem? good suggestion… not

widget shows fresh articles by default, you can limit fresh articles to your priority feeds via scoring. further granularity is out of scope for the widget i’m afraid.

another app just to fix a problem? good suggestion… not

if you want to follow people and see trending posts something like twitter could be much more fitting.

do you know how often/how long the cooldown is or where I can look it up

i think the minimum cooldown is an hour, it should be defined in the widget XML.

How about using two tt-rss accounts for different things? Or use twitter/facebook for instant updates, if those do that. I do not use them so cannot really comment on how useful that would be.

Just trying to be helpful in offering an alternative. You do not like it, whatever.

This might work might even offer the best separation, but the android app currently supports only one ttrs account at a time. Still, I’d like to find a way where I can set up a priority on different feeds

Sorry, that was a too sharp answer probably. I appreciate your time and effort.
I already have a different launcher which gives me some information and remove the google search bar. But otherwise I would like to keep as little stuff on my phone as possible. Just installing another app to fix something is not really a preferable solution in my opinion. ttrss could easily do this in my opinion. Maybe I’ll loot into it myself, but I’m not an android/java developer.

Dammit! That makes my work around useless. Apologies.

:smiling_face: No worries. I have developed a really thick skin over the years.

That is a fair comment.

Still, I’d like to find a way where I can set up a priority on different feeds

wiki → scoring

I think the best solution here would be something based around IFTT or similar alternetives, as it seems @SZI4wZM3Kwqzok (OP) is looking for near realtime notifications.

It’s always a pain in the ass when you’re looking for open source apps :frowning:

Real time would be the best solution. but I think I can live when I get the notifications 5 minutes later.

You could look into Trigger Happy ( https://trigger-happy.eu ) which is FOSS (and should be able to do what you are looking for).

Never tried it, anyway.