RSS XML formatting not OK for booksonic (subsonic fork)

Describe the problem you’re having:

The problem isn’t necessarily with TT-RSS itself, but with the RSS link it provides me.

I use booksonic’s Podcast feature to download and stream podcasts like my audiobooks on my home network.

Most websites I use have no issues, and the formatting allows for the files to download.

Some, however, have issues due to them being on HTTPS (booksonic has a known issue)

So I built a small debian TT-RSS server to get the podcasts feeds. From within TTRSS, I can listen to the podcasts and download them.

When I use the RSS link provided to me by TT-RSS, and try to use it with Booksonic, I get the following errors:

WARN PodcastService - Failed to get/parse RSS file for Podcast channel http://ttrss.example.com/public.php?op=rss&id=3&key=hperwer6e4c79b2046

Error java.lang.NullPointerException

If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:

Add TTRSS generated public RSS feed to booksonic/subsonic server

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

most recent version (07/18/2017)

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

debian 8.7, php, postgreSQL

Please provide any additional information below:

I know this doesn’t constitute as a bug, but I figured someone might be able to lead me in the right direction.

if you figure out what exactly does this application want to see in the feed (maybe compare to other feeds it parses correctly?) you’ll likely be able to fix it by modifying generated feed template in templates/

another thing is that tt-rss actually exports Atom feeds, not RSS.