Reset/Refetch Favicons on Feeds

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING: Read before posting / reporting bugs

Describe the problem you’re having:

I’ve migrated my TTRSS instance from a shared hosting platform to a VM on a dedicated server. For this, I exported my feeds as OPML and then reimported them on the new instance on the Dedicated Server.

However, the favicons on the feeds are all wrong, almost all feeds use the youtube icon (which I guess happened because a majority of my feeds is from youtube), and some others use completely unrelated favicons.

Removing and adding the favicons manually for all 800 feeds is simply not acceptable since each feed take several seconds just to remove the favicon, not even mentioning having to lookup the correct one.

If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:

Create TTRSS, import about 800 feeds, export into OPML and reimport into a different instance.

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

Tiny Tiny RSS v17.4 (153cb6d3)

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

Ubuntu 17.04, Nginx + PH7.0-PFPM, PgSQL 9.6 with SSL

if you wanted to migrate icon files (which correspond to feed IDs in the database) you should have migrated through database dump and restore, not OPML which doesn’t preserve this information.

remove the files in feed-icons and the icons will be eventually downloaded again. you can also set ttrss_feeds.favicon_last_checked to NULL if you can’t wait a few hours for this to happen automatically, then the icon will be updated on next feed refresh.

hello forum i made a babby-tier PEBKAC and let me tell you about things i consider not acceptable.rant.txt

really now

when I switched from MySQL to Postgres I had the same problem and manually clicked remove of the feed icon for every feed. I believe even after some feed refreshs the icons weren’t refreshed automatically? Or should I have waited till there was a new article in the feeds?
Couldn’t be a default flag set at OMPL import that every favicon is invalid?

e:
if I find time in the next days I’ll test some import/export cases :wink:

:facepalm: why not just rm the icons?

OPML does not include feed icons at all. Op copied them manually thus creating this entirely 100% self-inflicted issue.

oh yeah :smiley: would have been easier :wink:

OPML does not include feed icons at all. Op copied them manually thus creating this entirely 100% self-inflicted issue.

I’m not quite aware of copying anything over, tho I did just copy over the entire directory.

After removing them (thanks for pointing it out btw) the feeds are all squeaky clean.

Is there a way to trigger a refetch somehow or is that gonna happen when the feed is fetched by the daemon next time?

read my post above dude

Ah, sorry, I missed that one.

Thanks a lot!