very likely not “a bug” but some stupid n00b oversight on my part:
[Describe the problem you’re having:]
I’m running my tt-rss instance with the goal to remix feeds for re-use on other platform/s (website embed/s) + offer to other users. Hence, I would much like to use links as issued by tt-rss via the public.php interface. However, I must still be doing something wrong, because my public.php-links are not public(ly usable) yet (going by the assumption that “public” implies ‘available without having to be logged in’; maybe that’s the error in my thinking already. Be that as it may, I have not been able to confirm or refute either way, having searched here and in the FAQ related to “public.php”, 403 etc.; also checked the config-php if there maybe some setting was jumping out at me that needed adjustment. [If I missed something utterly obvious, kindly bear with me; I’m not being stupid on purpose here.]
[If possible include steps to reproduce the problem:]
- subscribe to any feed in tt-rss,
- pick a tag given to any post coming in via that feed,
- in the top left corner of the reading panel, click the orange rss-feed-icon; it will open a box to display the public.php RSS feed link for that tag (example from my instance : https://liberal.is/rssmix/public.php?op=rss&id=wissenschaft&key=1i72e75bf2e72faa8c5);
- copy that feedlink and submit it to any online feed tester (example for above link : https://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=https%3A%2F%2Fliberal.is%2Frssmix%2Fpublic.php%3Fop%3Drss%26id%3Dwissenschaft%26key%3D1i72e75bf2e72faa8c5);
- yield an 403 access hurdle.
[tt-rss version (including git commit id):]
var __ttrss_version = “18.8” (I’m sorry, I don’t know how to locate the git commit id; I installed yesterday and am still in testing)
[Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:]
|cPanel Version|76.0 (build 8)|
I truly hope this is not too dumb a question + I’m sorry I could not figure it out by myself;
your help is greatly appreciated.
Best - LX