Running it over here now, all I had to do was add pdo_pgsql, switch branches, and update the schema. I haven’t noticed any issues yet.
I’m one of those bastards running on unsupported (Winders) platform for years. I have pdo_mysql available and installed (have for years.) Does updating in place work (I see there are schema changes) … has anyone updated in place, or has everyone exported OPML, new install, etc. to get on the pdo branch?
[quote=“tsimmons, post:22, topic:689, full:true”]has anyone updated in place,
See above. twenty characters… bah.
No obvious issues thus far.
I checked out to a separate directory, so /reader has master and /reader2 has pdo-experimental - both seem to be happy running on the same database at the same time.
at this point it is extremely unlikely pdo is not going to be merged into master soon™ so you might as well because the schema changes are going to happen anyway
That’s good news! I was wondering if using the existing database for the move to pdo was going to be possible.
why would you even think something like that :facepalm: etc
e: updated first post with new info
btw, another minor upcoming QoL improvement is that i finally bothered to set default action for most dialogs i.e. search will execute when pressing enter on the input field
only took me 5 years give or take a few
OMG. Worth the price of admission!!! (Seriously, this is good news, thanks!)(
Thanks. I’m not worried about the schema changes, I’m current as of 132 and have some customizations as well (again, for my bastardized, emoji-loving, mysql-utf8mb4, utf8mb4_unicode_ci collating dumpster fire of an install.)
naboo:tt-rss:% git merge pdo-experimental
here we go.gif
if your install is on pdo-experimental you should switch back to master branch now.
Just did a git up and so far it just worked™: no errors, no update screen, no issues updating feeds, no problems. If I was not reading this thread, I would not have noticed any changes whatsoever – well, apart from lots of git commit messages and files changed.
that’s the idea, yes
I am now seeing this when fetching feeds -
www-data@vps327963:~$ /usr/bin/php /var/www/ttrss.info/update.php --feeds
[12:10:01/13586] Lock: update.lock
[12:10:01/13586] Scheduled 26 feeds to update…
[12:10:01/13586] Base feed: https://bridge.ttrss.info/?action=display&bridge=Twitter&u=NaturelsWeird&format=Atom
[12:10:01/13586] => 2017-12-14 09:53:57, 381 2
[12:10:02/13586] 1.3768 (sec)
[12:10:02/13586] Base feed: https://bridge.ttrss.info/?action=display&bridge=Twitter&u=Strange_Animals&format=Atom
[12:10:02/13586] => 2017-12-14 09:53:59, 367 2
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘There is no active transaction’ in /var/www/ttrss.info/classes/rssutils.php:1159
#0 /var/www/ttrss.info/classes/rssutils.php(1159): PDO->commit()
#1 /var/www/ttrss.info/classes/rssutils.php(185): RSSUtils::update_rss_feed(‘367’, true, false)
#2 /var/www/ttrss.info/update.php(168): RSSUtils::update_daemon_common()
thrown in /var/www/ttrss.info/classes/rssutils.php on line 1159
this means query failed during update, check system logs in preferences for database-related errors + stacktrace
there probably is one right before this error
e: also all feeds or this particular one etc etc you know the drill
i dunno, nothing changed with regard to hashes, it’s an entirely client thing (it’s a thing after # in page url) and has nothing to do with PDO changeover. the whole function happens in your browser.
The problem was that firefox crashed then restarted. I closed it, started again, and lo all is fine…
Mark’s issue is related to the perceptual hash plugin. if you are using it you need to update to latest revision which uses PDO and check if plugin schema is initialized.
Overall behavior change here is stricter error checking in general and specifically during feed updates which are now per-article transaction-locked. So for example plugin is unlikely to fail silently while feed is updated.
Yes , I disabled the phash plugin , ran the feed update again and no errors this time.