Our little comminuity: going forward

Oh dear. Didn’t expect to see Discourse - we ended up having to move away from it for various reasons a while back.

Just being curious, what were those?

Just being curious, what were those?

Briefly, since I don’t really want to pollute another forum with our difficulties:

1. Resource issues. 4GB of ram, 60GB of disk, and 4 processor cores struggled badly with about 250 regularly posting users.
  2. We sorta… “fell out” with the developers and they told us, in no uncertain terms, to go find other software. I, along with most of the others on said forum, are currently banned on their main forum for another 250 years or so.

PM if you need/want to know more.

gonna agree that jeff fatwood of snack overflow is quite an acquired taste

In the deem past, I used Vanilla when I had to set up forum. Although at the time, there was no premium crap with “extra features”. And, I do not suggest tt-rss forums move to that now that Fox has moved us here. Just musing… :relaxed:

[quote=“shabble, post:22, topic:18, full:true”]
2) We sorta… “fell out” with the developers and they told us, in no uncertain terms, to go find other software. I, along with most of the others on said forum, are currently banned on their main forum for another 250 years or so.[/quote]

tell someone their code is a bloated pig and instead of fixing it, they get all bitchy…

Personally I fsckin hate discourse, but I hate phpbb even more than discourse, so its an improvement!

I still miss Delphi so maybe I’m just an old fart