we might be used to how things work now but new users expect familiar stuff like shift-clicking to select range and frankly this makes sense to me.
we had some weird stuff before like tab to select row, etc, i think it’s time to ditch the rest of the useless bespoke inventions and just do what everyone else is doing.
- (all modes) ctrl-click toggles headline row selection
- (all modes) shift-click selects range between currently active article and the one clicked on
- (all modes) ctrl-clicking on unopened headline marks as read and opens source directly - this clashed with browser popup blocker sometimes
- (all modes) clicking on a headline without modifiers sets article as active / opens it
- (combined mode) clicking on article body marks it as read
comments? post here.