"Method not found" error

Updated to latest git version and getting the following error

{"error":{"code":13,"message":"Method not found"}}

This is the git update results from my recent pull.

From https://tt-rss.org/git/tt-rss
 * branch                master     -> FETCH_HEAD
   01513aa41..deefa901a  master     -> origin/master
Updating 01513aa41..deefa901a
Fast-forward
 classes/api.php            |  10 ----
 classes/article.php        |  73 -----------------------
 classes/ccache.php         | 211 -----------------------------------------------------------------
 classes/counters.php       | 229 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------------------
 classes/feeds.php          |  41 ++++++-------
 classes/handler/public.php |  15 ++++-
 classes/pref/feeds.php     |  14 +----
 classes/rssutils.php       |  20 +------
 css/default.css            |   7 ++-
 css/default.css.map        |   2 +-
 css/defines.less           |   1 +
 css/tt-rss.less            |   4 ++
 css/utility.less           |   4 +-
 css/zoom.less              |  12 ++--
 include/functions.php      |  17 ------
 include/login_form.php     |  19 +++++-
 js/Article.js              |   8 ++-
 js/FeedTree.js             |   1 +
 js/Feeds.js                |   4 +-
 js/Headlines.js            |  30 +++++++---
 js/tt-rss.js               |   4 ++
 js/utility.js              |  41 +++++++++++++
 themes/night.css           | 258 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------------
 themes/night.css.map       |   2 +-
 themes/night_base.less     |   2 +
 themes/night_blue.css      | 258 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------------
 themes/night_blue.css.map  |   2 +-
 27 files changed, 600 insertions(+), 689 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 classes/ccache.php
 create mode 100644 js/utility.js
uname -a
Linux ttrss 4.19.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 (2019-11-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux

php -v
PHP 7.4.1 (cli) (built: Dec 18 2019 15:00:01) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.4.0, Copyright (c) Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.4.1, Copyright (c), by Zend Technologies

psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 12.1 (Debian 12.1-1.pgdg100+1)

go into more detail. there’s no useful information here to go on.

I have the same problem. It occurs in Chrome, but not in Firefox. I traced it down to this commit: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/a6d314b753d7e79da06c733efd5a96caf9b5f562

Apart from the login being broken, Chrome also does not fill in the username automatically when opening the login form. However, the password field is populated with the saved password.

What happens during the login is that the POST data sent from the browser to the server contains the parameters “op” and “login”, both set to the username I entered in the login form. In public.php, the variable $method is set to the value of the “op” parameter. As the class Handler_Public does not implement a method that has the same name as my login user, the error 13 is thrown here: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/src/master/classes/handler/public.php#L857

I have no clue what is going on. Maybe some JavaScript magic happens somewhere in Dijit, but I lack knowledge about that framework. However, if I remove this piece of CSS from include/login_form.php, the login works again:

body.css_loading * {
    display : none;
}

first of all, try in an incognito mode / clean browser profile. browser addons like lastpass broke tt-rss forms many times before.

forms should break regardless of loaded or unloaded CSS. your browser is malfunctioning (unless of course its Dijit going crazy).

alright i managed to replicate this with chrome password manager enabled (which i don’t normally use).

excellent job, google. :man_facepalming:

01NiU64D

high quality software right there

Yes, that’s exactly the problem. I quickly tried it using a new browser profile. It worked at first, but stopped doing so after saving the password.

try with this changeset: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/076c5382fafcaf5ffd2bd41752e8e3c3b20e6af0

Yes, this change works, thanks!