Keyboard shortcuts stop working after clicking buttons

I have updated the PR (https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/pulls/114) to include the proposed toolbar changes. It does not include any changes for the buttons yet because I want to test them in more detail first.

diff looks very clean, great job there.

Looks great! I just applied to changes to my tt-rss instance and did a quick test to be sure. As expected, the results are identical to the previous pull request:

I have just rebased the PR to the current master and added a new commit that takes care of most of the buttons. I have not touched a few ones that did not seem necessary (login form, installation form).

Buttons will now not keep focus after their menus are closed, enabling the use of hotkeys. Menus still grab button presses while they are open.

Thanks! I just tested it. I found no issues with the combo/input/dropdown buttons, cool!

It seems that the main menu button, however, is acting up, although it is not specifically due to this pull request: without the PR, it only gets focus after closing the menu (only with a mouse click, because Esc does not work), not when clicking it the first time (which would be the preferrable behavior and consistent with the other buttons). Obviously this PR prevents focus after the second click (which is OK), but there is no way to use the arrow keys to go through the main menu anymore. Perhaps that could be fixed as well within this PR?

Tested on Waterfox 56.

It looks like all DropDownButtons (and ComboBoxes) exhibit this behavior. I will take a look tomorrow.

I have updated the second commit, which fixes the ComboButton and DropDownButton focus issues for me.

all those customized controls, i hope we won’t run into issues with newer dojo versions

overall looks great though

Last commits to those widgets were in 2012 and 2015, so we should hopefully be safe for a while. :wink:

well, i think i might as well merge this
thanks for going through this javascript abyss

Just tested and it’s all working. Wow, that was quite something :wink: Thanks @suraia!!

e: Not that anyone really cares :wink: but GitHub - ltGuillaume/FeedMei: A clean and minimal theme for Tiny Tiny RSS, loosely inspired by Feedly. This repo also contains some plugins to improve navigation and an update script. has been updated to support the changed class names :stuck_out_tongue:

I really appreciate your work, thank you!
With a german keyboard and Firefox I never questioned the flakyness of the shortcuts :wink: