Is there any way to force loading of older articles?

By default it appears the last 10-20 posts of a newly site are loaded!? Is there any way to force loading of say the last 100 articles. Or all articles of the last N years?

Maybe you should lookup how RSS works…

Short: no, you can’t.

Thanks for the response.

I remember Usenet readers had a feature like that. Download 5,000 articles from alt.2600 or only the most recent 100.

I remember Usenet not being equal to RSS.

Does anyone know how feedly or inoreader get older articles? I can go back years worth of history on some feeds.

because it’s a data mining service which hoards data of their users for this (and i’m sure many other) purposes

serious question: if you consider this a net positive for you why not use the sites in question instead of tt-rss

I like fox’s emphasis on tt-rss being a news aggregator, and news being ephemeral.

Hi Fox, I have to wonder: why do you have such a defensive and downright negative attitude? What did I do to you?

I came here asking for a question. I am sorry I am not a programmer or rss professional. I thought it was enough to spend a few hours reading the manual, the FAQ and using the search function in the old retired forum and in this new instance to see if I could answer the question myself. After I realized I coudln’t, I dared to ask it here. I thought it wasn’t considered rude to ask a question after exhausting all other methods. But oh boy was I wrong. First I get the “Oh what an idiot” Picard, now you suggest I don’t like tt-rss and shouldn’t be using it. I was merely interested how feedly or inoreader technically pull it off. I don’t understand how and wondered if someone could explain it in layman terms. I didn’t mean to criticize tt-rss or its creators.

Serious question: Why have a user support forum if users get spit in the face for asking questions ever after RTFM?

I was merely interested how feedly or inoreader technically pull it off.

i have literally explained how they do it in my above post which somehow triggered your meltdown

i’m sorry if me personally or other posters itt hurt your feelings or whatever while answering your question

Both your questions were answered accurately. You first question does show a lack of basic knowledge of RSS that a quick read of wikipedia could have remedied. Your second question is fine and got a good simple answer and a suggestion that if this was a killer feature for you, you could switch to those.

@fox, maybe we should add a stick to the old Question about the forum: Why are you all assholes?

Fox is allergic to stupidity, it breaks him out in hives… WE don’t like stupidity because when Fox has hives, he doesn’t feel like coding up new features and fixing bugs.

Stupidity and whining.

Because many of us don’t care about or understand human feelings. If you need client-centric customer service, visit an Apple Store and talk to a genius. We aren’t geniuses, we’re on the spectrum. To cite a classic:

Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give offense. Rather, it’s the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit communications style that is natural to people who are more concerned about solving problems than making others feel warm and fuzzy.

When you perceive rudeness, try to react calmly. If someone is really acting out, it is very likely a senior person on the list or newsgroup or forum will call him or her on it. If that doesn’t happen and you lose your temper, it is likely that the person you lose it at was behaving within the hacker community’s norms and you will be considered at fault. This will hurt your chances of getting the information or help you want.

i think it’s safe to say that this thread has run its course