iOS Workflow for Subscribing

For anyone using iOS, I created a workflow for the iOS Workflow app that you can use to add subscriptions. It will retrieve your category list so you can assign the feed to a category.

With iOS’ annoying habit of trying to open RSS links in the News app, I find it best to tap and hold the RSS link. When the menu appears, choose Share and then Run Workflow. Select my workflow and you’re good to go.

Please note that this probably won’t work if you have nested categories. Also, I’ve run into a problem where my workflow won’t show categories that have been created but don’t have any feeds in them yet. I don’t know if this is a Workflow issue or a problem with the API.

Let me know if you have problems, questions, or suggestions.

I was looking for just something like this today. I’ve installed. And not too good on shortcuts, and trying to work out if the logging in is working.

I don’t think it is. I think I’m getting a 405 (also trying to figure out how I can see or test the results of the get content to figure out what is happening)

Hoping you’re still in the community

I worked it out myself. The short cut as downloaded went to https://url/api/index.php/
It had a / at the end of the url. I removed it and then was able to get it working.