HTTP 403 and Cloudflare

Since a few days i get fetch-errors from different feeds. I tried to delete one of them and subscribe again, but then i get following error: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden (feed behind Cloudflare)

I think it depends on this commit. Before this update everything worked for me.

I also found this topic in old forum where someone already had this problem and fox replied, that this seems to be a problem of cloudflare.

I know it’s crappy, but maybe there is a solution we could use? There are a lot of weblogs using cloudflare and with the mentioned error i lost a lot of them. :-/

i’m not sure why would this commit (which deals with error reporting that happens after fetching) would affect anything. you can of course try reverting it but my money is on cloudflare disliking your server IP for some reason.

you can try emailing website owners and explaining that cloudflare makes their rss feeds unusable?

you can of course try reverting it but my money is on cloudflare disliking your server IP for some reason.

Hmmm…seems you are right. I logged in to my server with ssh and tried to wget the feed and i get the 403 too. So it really seems, the ip is blocked and its not a fault of ttrss.

Sorry!

i’m sure its not cloudflare fault per se, its just whoever owns the website doesn’t understand that enabling protection against bots on a resource which should be used by bots is incredibly dumb, thus using cloudflare incorrectly