Fix for Fever Plugin after TT-RSS changes on 4 May 2017

Just a note: After yesterdays TT-RSS changes, the Fever Plugin stopped working.

Thanks to the code changes in this pull request by colindunn which you can apply manually, it works again.
Background:

Update fever_api.php to support Article class
The latest commit to tt-rss now has classes for various objects, including an Article class, which causes errors in the plugin. This update make the plugin functional again.

Thanks for this. Making the code change allows it to work again but now I’m also getting an error in my php-fpm log. Google suggests that ccache_update() isn’t a general PHP function. I’m thinking that was probably a function within ttrss that has now been deleted or moved into another namespace?

> 2017/05/08 10:30:16 [error] 61785#0: *1051 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message:
>  PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ccache_update() in /www/tt-rss/plugins.local/repos/fever/fever/fever_api.php:716
> Stack trace:
> #0 /www/tt-rss/plugins.local/repos/fever/fever/fever_api.php(724)$ FeverAPI->setItem(106359, 1, 0)
> #1 /www/tt-rss/plugins.local/repos/fever/fever/fever_api.php(850)$ FeverAPI->setItemAsRead(106359, NULL)
> #2 /www/tt-rss/plugins.local/repos/fever/fever/index.php(52): FeverAPI->index(NULL)
> #3 {main}
> thrown in /www/tt-rss/plugins.local/repos/fever/fever/fever_api$php on line 716" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.10.10.10, server: www.example.com, request: "POST /tt-rss/fever/?api HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/tmp/php-fpm.sock:", host: "example.com"

I think you need to ask that at Issues · dasmurphy/tinytinyrss-fever-plugin · GitHub

Good point. I have done so. https://github.com/dasmurphy/tinytinyrss-fever-plugin/issues/27

ccache also got out of global namespace, replace with ccache::whatever (classes/ccache.php)

That fixes it. Thanks. I thought it would be something like that but wasn’t sure what was actually needed. I’ve submitted a pull request to the fever plugin.

Thanks for the fix and this pointer post. I was worried the Fever Plugin was EOL. I’m back up and running.

For me, the demise of the Fever plugin would kill half the joy of tt-rss. As much as I like the web interface, nothing beats Reeder on macOS and iOS.

I’m pretty sure there are enough Mac and iOS users frequenting the forum who would be able and willing to keep the Fever plugin running for sometime if the original developer decided to drop it, so no need to worry. :slight_smile: