Feeds stopped updating

Hello,
I’ve been running TT-RSS on my shared hosting account for years, but it recently stopped updating feeds.

The cron job runs, but I receive an error in the email:

"X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.36
Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

error: getopt() failed. Most probably you are using PHP CGI to run this script instead of required PHP CLI. Check tt-rss wiki page on updating feeds for additional information."

I have not changed anything. I’ve been running the same cron jobs for ages:

*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/php /home/addicted/rss.domain.name/update.php --feeds --quiet

I have read the wiki but I can’t see anything useful to solve this issue.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

First read this:

https://discourse.tt-rss.org/t/read-before-posting-reporting-bugs/120

Then do what it suggest…

what if you read the error message, op

Clearly your hosting provider changed something. Tell them the error you get when running that cron job.

After upgrading my installation (on a shared host) from “v20.06-c352e87” to “v20.11-328d7b5” earlier this week I got the same error messages as the OP. I could rule out a server problem because a second installation on the same server was still using the older version and worked fine.

Eventually I found a solution: My cronjob was using the correct PHP executable but the ‘PHP_EXECUTABLE’ constant in config.php was pointing to a different path (’/usr/bin/php’ instead of ‘/usr/local/bin/php’). After changing this path in config.php, feeds started updating again.

Maybe this information is useful for someone else who encounters this problem.

Thank you! That solved the exact problem I had after updating the code from the git master.