[Feature request] Web gui: order feeds by number of articles

Dear all,

would it be possible to add the ability to order feeds not alphabetically but based on the number of unread articles each contains?
It would be great to have the option to choose the order (increasing/decreasing).

Basically what is already available on the Android app.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

hmmm, this feature was there before but got removed for some long forgotten reason

e: sorting Dijit tree on the fly based on counters could be painful

e2: not gonna make any promises on that one

I understand what you mean. Does it necessarily have to be on the fly?
If I have feed A with 10 unread articles, and feed B with 5, and I read 6 article from feed A, I am not expecting feed A to take the position of (former) feed B, unless, for example, I refresh the page or the feed group.

Anyway, I just read your 2nd edit. Of course I am not expecting anything, but it would be nice to have it :grinning:
Thanks in advance

tree items jumping all the time would be annoying but having the order stuck until the tree is reloaded entirely (which is something we try to avoid) or otherwise manually triggered is even worse, i think.

tbh, implementation issues aside, i’m not sure how this could work in a transparent and not annoying way. on android there’s no tree and feed fragment is a list (that is normally hidden on almost all devices) so it works better.

anyway, if someone wants to take a stab at the implementation here’s where to begin:

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.8/dojo/data/ItemFileReadStore.html#custom-sorting

tt-rss uses ItemFileWriteStore. this may or may not be relevant.

i’ll think some more about this but so far i’m not really seeing it working with the way tt-rss UI is done. sorry.

i’ll think some more about this but so far i’m not really seeing it working with the way tt-rss UI is done. sorry.

thanks for your replies and even considering adding this.

I will keep my fingers crossed but will understand if it’s not doable.

Greetings