[Feature Request - Android App] Change refresh button behavior from refresh to mark all as read

I’m new to TTRSS and have recently started using the Android app for mobile viewing.

Right now, the floating action button in the app is set to refresh articles on click. I’m not sure if I’m an outlier, but that’s not a function I need easy access to and would find it more helpful to be able to remap that button to something else - preferably ‘mark all as read’.

I’m not sure how easy that would be to implement, so I just thought I’d start the conversation here!

hi i’ve just started using your software that has been around for a decade+, how about you start radically changing stuff that people have been using for years because it kinda doesn’t fit me, thx

that’s you, right now

well then just make it an option

if i made an option every time someone requested it, we’d all fucking drown in them

Hi, not sure if you’re new to the community, but please remember to follow the community guidelines before posting, specifically:

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

Name-calling
Ad hominem attacks
Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

I don’t think my requests were that unreasonable (just because things have been a certain way for a long time doesn’t mean it’s ideal - maybe the developer just didn’t know what they were doing in the original implementation). A simple “no” or “that’s not a priority” would have sufficed.

Um… That little icon beside his name means he’s a moderator. You should probably consider that when responding.

Also, did I mention he’s not just a moderator, he’s the moderator (i.e. the author of the software and operator of this forum).

oh this is precious :blush:

I’m aware. I was just being cheeky.

:man_facepalming:

/20chars…

do you know what we do to cheeky people here?

Promote them to moderators?

sometimes, yes, after thoroughly de-cheeking them

Go on…

unzips pants