Dark theme updates

@disconn3ct add this to the custom css in your prefs:

body.flat.ttrss_main .post .content img:not(:hover) {
    opacity: 1;
    filter: none;
}

thanks for the feedback on this, @wbagdon

Thanks! That got me on the right track. Inspecting it looks like the image was under .cdm. I updated to this and it’s great (in case anyone else wants the change)

body.flat.ttrss_main .post .content img:not(:hover),
body.flat.ttrss_main .cdm .content-inner img:not(:hover),
body.flat.ttrss_main .post .content video:not(:hover),
body.flat.ttrss_main .cdm .content-inner video:not(:hover) {
    opacity: 1;
    filter: none;
}

fox: new dark themere is looking good. any thought to upgrading the android app dark theme as well?

what would you want upgraded?

Would it be possible to go back to using variables to define colors in CSS?
Or is there some easy way for me to be able to modify one variable to change colors.
I prefer the old blue to the new orange, and I’m trying to just augment your theme rather than creating a completely separate one.

Also the new CodeFlask CSS editor does not show any cursor or selection in the night theme.

there are variables, you just have to use less to adjust them properly

oh, you’ll also need to rebuild dijit dark theme then, that’ll need some npm cancer like grunt and stylus

if there’s more people who want it, i can make two dark themes - blue and amber, i have all this crap installed already anyway

although i’m not sure how would night mode switch work then

yeah, i’m aware of this; there’s no stock dark theme for it i think. maybe i could filter invert it. :slight_smile:
this needs fixing sure

e: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/tt-rss/commit/6c9509ebae43a10b54c838ed7b027e4288a4c3b5 eh

update re: codeflask

so much shit is hardcoded in there and it’s in general so flaky, i don’t think it’s worth keeping it
reverting

Maybe use ace-editor? https://ace.c9.io/

Would you want an “accent color picker” implemented in the prefs?
I could take this on if you think it would be a worthwhile addition.

what like custom accents? i don’t really see how that could work, unfortunately.

i’ll take a look but in all honesty css editor is such a minor thing, dragging even more third party stuff for it doesn’t seem worth it. codeflask is really tiny, that’s why i initially added it.

e: https://git.tt-rss.org/fox/dijit-flat-ttrss just take a look at this pile of code

Re: css editor, completely agree.

Re: Custom accents, my idea was to go back to using CSS custom properties with fallback values and override via user preference:

Obviously this won’t work for IE users, not sure if that’s the reason you abandoned it in the first place.
If that’s the case, then yes there probably is no easy way to do this other than generating the CSS on the fly to override all the instances of accent colors which is probably a horrible idea.

take a look at the dijit theme, it’s used for the entire UI, and its entirely hardcoded with predefined colors

i’ve stopped using css variables in night.css because i converted it to LESS and it can use default.less variables directly when it is being rebuilt, which means way less theme-specific overrides

i.e. it’s a lot easier to change @color-panel-bg in theme once than adding multiple stanzas for it

also, phpstorm builds css files for me transparently when i edit less files

e: also, i don’t think css variables support stuff like lighten()

I am using the dark theme updated this morning and the latest firefox nightly on Win10. My view is set to “Unread” and when I click the check marks next to the feed title to mark the feed read, the items are marked read but still visible. since i am in a “Unread” view they should no longer be visible, correct? This was the previous behavior.

I do have “hide feeds with no unread articles checked”. I am in combined feed display.

EDIT: Just tried in Chrome and same behavior

this was never a thing

not until you reload the feed

I don’t use the dark theme, but isn’t @pcause1 typing about the same/similar issue I complained about over in this thread(?) ==> Impending doom, part whatever - #7 by martywd

well it’s possible that i’m missing something here, is it about headlines or feed tree or something else? idk

also how is this theme-related :thinking:

My issue is about headilines. I’d think that once I mark the feed read, using the checkbox, it would no longer show the headlines. As I say this used to work until the theme changes. Mine is not about the feed tree.

what are you talking about
make a screenshot maybe

e: ok i think i get it. its the (mark feed as read) in grouped feed title right?

this one?

yes, you’ve got the check marks i am talking about.

alright, yep, that got changed because it was the only place where headlines would disappear when you mark as read and i figured this inconsistency had to go

e: also it lead to weird looking buffer when there’s only one feed and you mark it as read and then everything disappears but the feed title, that just sucked imo