Ctrl-click on links doesn't open them in a new background tab any more

Ctrl-clicking the links in a post doesn’t open them in a new background tab and nothing happens. This was working till a while back and doesn’t work any more.

In the vertical split mode (where the feed categories and names are listed in a left column and the posts are displayed in a right column), Ctrl-click the links in the post. The links do not open in a new background tab any more. This issue may not be specific to this particular layout.

tt-rss version git commit 6ae0a3dd3e1d7ec19d8488ef376d9f192bcc5b08

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

Debian 9.8,
PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u3
MariaDB 15.1 Distrib 10.1.37-MariaDB

This was changed in a recent update to be more consistent with how user interfaces typically work:

https://discourse.tt-rss.org/t/moving-to-more-traditional-headline-controls/2106

imagine i probated you for a month because of not glancing over front page before enriching us with this quality post, op

Yeah… I was going to start my response with, “It’s literally on the first page, please search next time,” but at the time I was writing with an on-screen keyboard and was lazy. :man_shrugging:

Thanks @JustAMacUser! This was very useful in resolving my problem.

@fox, I did search the forum for ‘Ctrl click’ and didn’t find anything related. The title of the actual post with the information Moving to more traditional headline controls didn’t ring any bells because I know nothing about headline controls and how they were related to the Ctrl-click issue.

Thanks for creating the hl-legacy plugin which resolves this issue for me. :+1: