Can't update the feeds

Hi,

I’m getting the same error:
E_ERROR (1) classes/feeditem/rss.php:199 Cannot use object of type DOMNodeList as array

I have read and tride a number of things suggested here, there is no change.

I have created a HTACCESS file, forcing TT-RSS to use PHP 7
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php70 .php
as suggest by my hosting service

And as some have suggested, this hapenned after I did an update regarding the AF_language plugin

I’m on a shared server and have had NO problems until this weekend
TT-RSS - Current
PHP - 7.0.7
MySQL -
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server type: Percona Server
Server version: 5.5.50-38.0-log - Percona Server (GPL), Release 38.0, Revision b05b24c
Protocol version: 10

Thats it!

Thanks for the help

Stacey

you need to contact your hosting support because that htaccess thing you did isn’t working

ask them to help you switch to php 7

I got past the previous errors I was having and now am seeing a new error. The previous error led use php 5.6 and now this new error led me to enable modules in php.ini. I can log in again now but I am still getting the error when I manually try an update. (My cron job for updating was failing so I tried a manual update.)

• PHP support for PostgreSQL is required for configured DB_TYPE in config.php

Could something be calling the older version of php still?

php has different ini files for its various binaries - i.e. a command line binary used by update.php might not have same modules enabled, normally distro deals with this stuff for you automatically but it wouldn’t hurt to check.

alternatively, your php command line binary points to wrong php version, although in that case you’d get version check error.

I knew this day would come. I know I’m on a no longer supported LTS of Ubuntu. I don’t blame the developers. They are great.

Like everyone else here, yesterday my feed updates broke and today I got an update to php5.6 message. Updating to 5.6 on my current LTS does not look possible. My solution in the near term is to roll back a few commits till updates start working and stay at that commit in the near term. I did this via the following command.

1. Kill all update agents that are running
  2. sudo git checkout 32c0c07cc1fb1019a61b83814bdd7c3830b621e6
    This is the approximate location just before things stopped working.
  3. Start update agents.

Worked for me, until I invest the time in a new Ubuntu LTS install. Sucks because I have several systems and they are intertwined. I’ll be down for at least a weekend… probably longer.

Does anyone have a how-to for migrating ttrss dbs?

Thanks,
Jon

just how ancient your LTS install is that there’s not even php 5.6 backport for it?

also: imagine all the long fixed vulnerabilities it still has

you pretty much just dump and restore it with tools provided by your database.

Hi Fox,

Thank you, I was able to figure out what I had not done.

My .htaccess file was correct, but because of the way my sever is setup I needed to specify the complete path to the version of PHP I’m using. My cron jobs needed the same full path.

Everything seems to have updated withoout any errors.

Thanks again for TT-RSS and your help

Stacey

I’m on 12LTS. Dist upgrades NEVER go well. I learn along time ago to do a clean/fresh install all at once they nurse ver along till something fundamentally breaks or a new feature, I want, is simply not back-portable. Then I’ll just do a clean install on all my machines, with a fresh drives, and migrate config over.

I really don’t have that much exposure. Everything is either https or ssh with very few ports open to the WAN. Besides that, I’m supremely uninteresting and try to stay that way. If someone really wants my NPR feed… they can have it. :slight_smile:

i don’t know about ubuntu but i’ve been dist-upgrading several debian machines since 2003.

Do you have something specific I should look at? I’m at a loss where to go from here. :frowning:

I’m still getting the below error:

• PHP support for PostgreSQL is required for configured DB_TYPE in config.php

You need mod_php or similar. For Ubuntu, this is something like php5-pgsql (that one is php 5.5.9 support for PostgreSQL 9.3 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, something I used to run tt-rss on). I’m now running tt-rss on CentOS 7 and just used the IUS packages to upgrade php to from 5.4.16 to 7.0.31, so the new package is called mod_php70u. I also have tt-rss ready to go on a FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE system. The package there is called php70-pgsql. These all assume the Apache web server.

The reason I list all these different package names is because the package you need will depend on your operating system, what flavor of that OS, and what 1st or 3rd party repository you’re using to upgrade php. These names can serve as a guide to what to look for.

TL;DR: Look for a package named something like php5-pgsql, mod_php70u, or php70-pgsql or similar. That’s your php support for your web server. This assumes Apache. If you’re using nginx, you’re on your own. I think nginx support is called php-fpm.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t update the feeds (FreeBSD)

That is correct and on CentOS 7 you get things like: phpXXu-fpm-nginx.noarch : Nginx configuration for PHP-FPM where XX is a php version.

You can always use dnf search php | ag nginx or something like that.