Basic filters not working at all

Been searching for possible solutions for the past 3 days on these forums and others. But for whatever reason I can’t seem to get any filters with labels working accurately. So I started filters from scratch. 1 label per filter and updating 1 RSS feed:

Ran the command below as fox has suggested 100x before.
./update.php --debug-feed 56 > /home/pi/ttrss_test2.txt

I don’t understand how every feed article can be in every label, and I can’t even find the match word in the news articles.

Filters are crime, house, and chair/gmi
Last one uses regex. Feed 56 is Section 6 welcomes five new teams into the fold – Daily Local

Hardware is a Pi Zero - Rasbian running:
PHP 7.0.27-0+deb9u1 (cli) (built: Jan 5 2018 13:51:52) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.27-0+deb9u1, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies
nginx version: nginx/1.10.3
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.23-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnueabihf (armv7l) using readline 5.2

can you screenshot actual filter dialog? does this only happen with this specific feed?

I went with 3 filters total for the test.
1 label per filter.
And 1 match and 1 action, per filter.

house is same as crime. The db tables look clean, and are working in populating the ttrss_user_labels2 table once the match is found. But the issue is that it’s not finding a proper match for the key word /filter. Note, I am using “Title and Content” aka filter type #3

Thanks fox

oh boy. why do you have inverse matching checked? there’s your answer, i think.

That helped a ton - getting close, but still need your guidance.

Deleted all 3 filters, and labels, so tables are clear. Restarted with just “crime” filter exactly as before. Though now its picking up the correct title and content somewhat, its not picking up everything.

Example below, it picked up 4 articles, 3 of them are properly picked up. 1 is incorrect: “crime” is not in this article: techbargains.xxx/deal/444294/meterk-stripper-crimping
httx://i68.tinypic.xxx/2d2lu9.jpg
So to cross check with the db. Here is a simple query, which found 14 instances of the word “crime”.

Question1: Does update.php not pickup old articles where keyword for the filter was found? And only new articles when update.php --feeds is run? I think this why I had chosen inverse (to think it meant reverse lookup).

Question2: What can I run to grab the missing 11 articles?

filter matches are case insensitive, your sql query is not. essentially it’s just running preg_match() on specific article fields, it’s not even tt-rss code.

re your other questions why don’t you go and read the wiki page on filters