Android Feature Request: Playing Podcasts

One thing I would like to be able to do is to play podcasts in the android app.
Example feed: The Best of Car Talk
In the web client, it has a media player thing, but it does not in the android app.

I’m running 1.231 (465), the paid version.

Many thanks for the all great work.

i don’t think adding a podcast player into the app is a good idea, i’m sure there’s a variety of media/podcast players on android which can open a media URL provided by tt-rss

tt-rss main has a barebones inline player because it’s in the browser already and it’s one html tag i.e zero cost to have, might as well

Using another app to actually play it is perfectly fine with me, the issue is that there is no media URL shown by the android app.
Should have been more clear about that, sorry.

i think enclosure URLs should be displayed somewhere, possibly the overflow menu when you’re paging between articles, i remember adding it at some point

if you mean headlines view, i’ll take a look tomorrow if there’s an easy way to add this in somehow without cluttering the UI more

Ah, yeah it’s in the three dot menu, “Select attachment”.
It would be nice if you inserted the link after the description, but I can work with this.

overflow is not very discoverable place, i agree, but enclosures are not exclusively used by podcasts, it could be for example a gallery post with 200 images
not sure how to add this so that it wouldn’t be annoying if you’re not interested in enclosures per se (or they are already rendered in main content)

Ah, fair enough.
Could look at the type, but that seems like it would somehow have edge cases.
Seems like a thing to just leave alone then.

Thanks for all the work and the quick responses.

need to do something with that dialog i think, looks kinda shitty with long urls

as for article view i guess something like this could work:

it wastes a bit of space but i think enclosures being easily discoverable compensates for that

That UI makes sense to me, it clearly shows that there is things attached.

How would it work for a post with multiple enclosures?

you tap on a thing and a popup dialog (select attachment) appears