[Android app] Media Icons removed?

Describe the problem you’re having:

I didn’t see any mention of it anywhere and I just noticed it myself after doing a git update yesterday. In the Android app there used to be a small media icon in the bottom right hand side of the preview image in the main list, with a photo icon for images and a play icon for videos.

Was this behavior been removed? or have I done something stupid to break it?

tt-rss version (including git commit id):

TT-RSS: v19.12-e9b4834b6
Android: Version 1.277 (511)

Platform (i.e. Linux distro, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:

Debian 9, Php7.3 with PostgreSQL
Motorola One Vision - Android 9

you’re right, this got effectively disabled when I implemented tt-rss generating flavor images (i.e. previews you see in headlines list) for API clients on the server. previously this was entirely handled by android app.

the idea was to stop the app from parsing html article content all the time while rendering headlines because it was slow-ish and resource intensive, especially on lower-end devices. you probably haven’t updated tt-rss for a while because this was added some time ago.

anyway, since the app doesn’t know the amount of images or if it’s a video anymore those two helper icons (album and video) are not shown. i’ll make a note to see if this could be implemented back on the server side.

this should be implemented now (android 1.293 which i’m going to upload to beta, and latest tt-rss trunk), except for albums (not sure how to add those server-side yet).

sorry for a slight delay :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Very Nice! Thanks fox