Android app for fdroid

Hello have you considered to put your andorid app into fdroid?
Would be cool, and you could get a lot of support, howerver you will have to create a bulid flavour where you remove your .jar libraries like the dashclock lib and the youtubeAPI.

Would be cool, and you could get a lot of support howerver you will have to create a bulid flavour where you remove your .jar libraries like the dashclock lib and the youtubeAPI.

so i get to maintain a special snowflake build for the special snowflake freetard “store” and i get to do it for free?

such an impressive argument, much wow, very amaze. how would anyone say no to such an offer, really.

Sorry I didn’t put engouth “maybes”, “considerable” and “pleas” in my post. But putting apps on fdroid is a considerable thing for maintaining a healthy FLOSS comunity. Fdroid is supported by the FSFE the european version of the FSF, so its not like some whatever android store. Its specialized for FLOSS apps. Many great projects and companies release their open source apps there in order to offer a good alternative to the google majority.

I thought this would be a considerable thing for the ttrss project, because it would do good for both projects.

such an impressive argument, much wow, very amaze. how would anyone say no to such an offer, really

It’s your comunity you are F*** up with such posts not mine.

how about you build the apk yourself. you can even publish it on the aforementioned storefront and reap the bountiful harvest of your effort by helping the community and improving the healthiness thereof and yadda yadda, i’m sure it would be as fulfilling for you as it would be for me.

how does that sound? or is it only cool if other people have to work to provide you shit for free in an easily digestible form?

e: story time, i guess

i actually had one interaction with f-droid maintainers. they had the nerve to email me that i wasn’t making it convenient enough for them to repackage my shit for other freetards, like op. when i told him to fuck off he also seemingly just couldn’t figure out why i wouldn’t take additional workload for his benefit.

values of FLOSS community, my ass, lmao. get fucked.

the only reason my stuff is available in source form is so other competent people could maybe help me improve it. i give zero fucks about leeches like you and your “community” and its values.

Ok look, maintaining a Project is hard, implementing features people suggest is even harder. Tho if you can’t handle it your self leave it open, say thanks for the input and wait. In the worst case you have an open issue. In the best case other people maybe catch up with an issue. That might lead to a discussion, and that might lead to someone willing to implement a suggested feature.

Fox I don’t know if you are the maintainer of this project, but it seems like you are. So as a maintainer and moderator you should be nice to people writing issues, even if the shitpost can not be bigger. You don’t know from which you might get a good work.

I am disappointed about how this all worked out here. If this is the way I am treated here I am not willing to cooperate, nor help in any way.

“Joined 3 hours ago” so you’re new here. Fox runs the game. If you don’t like it, you’re welcome to not play but complaining about it won’t make things better.

I don’t see why you couldn’t contribute this yourself. Other people package TT-RSS proper for various Linux distros, they’re not supported here but people still go and do the work. If you want to contribute, then contribute. But showing up and asking a person who wrote hundreds of thousands of lines a code to go and do more work just because doesn’t make sense. The very nature of open source software means that the community can contribute and share the workload.

tl;dr

Give more, take less.

implying you are actually capable of helping anyone here

Whatever happened to "lurk before you post? "

Even a cursory glance before posting would have saved the toys leaving the pram here…

Guys I’m sorry if you understand me wrong. I am not truncating you, or urging you to do anything. I suggested. That is all. I didn’t mean to piss anyone of. I’m highly valuating your work, tho if I read lines like “i told him to fuck off” or “reap the bountiful harvest” or even “much wow, very amaze.” within the first post. I say this is a bad way to treat other people regardless of how long they have been logged in here, or how much they have contributed. Just my opinion.

I am sorry if I don’t understand the way of interaction within this project, and I’m sorry if I opposed someone personally with my initial post. This was not my intention.

:fearful:

/20charrrrrrr

e: i know where this thread is going

Not at all. Some are even prepared to pay for the privilege. You just opened the wrong door.