After today's upgrade (6.7.2017)

well tbf the test literally gives you the exact string to copy there

anyway i don’t think trailing slash is actually needed anywhere (and yes it can be confusing and hard to notice) so i’ll update the check to accept both variants

e: done

In my setup the ttrss-server is behind an apache reverse-proxy.

So I have the message about wrong SELF_URL_PATH, too.
Sanity check (and ttrss) actually fail with the correct url (proxied url) and only accepts the “local” server url.

I have no idea, how a server can check, if it is behind a reverse proxy.
So in my case I think the only solution is to deactivate the check.
Am I right or do you have an idea, how to solve this?

greetings,
Martin

You’re probably not preserving the original Host header in your proxy. The easy solution is for you to turn on ProxyPreserveHost, but this won’t work if your backend server uses virtual hosts (i.e. has more than one domain).

Maybe tt-rss could look at the X-Forwarded-Host header if one exists, which apache mod_proxy sets automatically. But apparently it can have more than one (comma-separated) value, so it’d be a bit of a pain. And I bet there aren’t many people using apache httpd as a reverse proxy(?!)…

As a side note, Nginx also doesn’t preserve the Host header by default, but most guides (including the example in the docs) do include a directive that does so.

[quote=“BobVul, post:24, topic:353, full:true”]

…, but this won’t work if your backend server uses virtual hosts (i.e. has more than one domain).[/quote]

That actually does work AFAIK.

Oh yea, it would work if you set up the proxied/upstream/backend virtual hosts to expect the external hostname.

like posters above said already ProxyPreserveHost On is likely going to fix this

As @JustAMacUser kindly pointed out: any process running as root has full privileges to the entire system; that’s a bad practice. Period.

If you do not get that, please google it and learn something before it bites you. Your call.

[quote=“demattin, post:23, topic:353, full:true”]In my setup the ttrss-server is behind an apache reverse-proxy.

So in my case I think the only solution is to deactivate the check.
[/quote]

I cannot help you with reverse proxy via apache, but I run tt-rss through an IIS reverse proxy without deactivating the check.