Af_comics filters.local

• [ ] I’m using stock docker compose setup, unmodified.
  • [x] I’m using docker compose setup, with modifications (modified .yml files, third party plugins/themes, etc.) - if so, describe your modifications in your post. Before reporting, see if your issue can be reproduced on the unmodified setup.
  • [ ] I’m not using docker on my primary instance, but my issue can be reproduced on the aforementioned docker setup and/or official demo.

All files plugins/af_comics/filters.local/ are wiped out during update

change docker-compose.yml app: volumes: service to:
volumes:
- ./opt/tt-rss:/var/www/html
- ./config.d:/opt/tt-rss/config.d:ro

(also - i had to have the leading, current directory dot for this to work, the documentation does not have the “.”)

put files in plugins/af_comics/filters.local/ do an update that actually needs to do an update

• Tiny Tiny RSS version (including git commit id):
    v22.05-68e4920 © 2005-2022

• Platform (i.e. Linux distro, Docker, PHP, PostgreSQL, etc) versions:
    DOCKER on Windows 11

as a workaround, mount the file/subdir from host as readonly?

i agree though that it should be excluded.

that’s just docker compose syntax.

e: https://git-gitea.tt-rss.org/fox/ttrss-docker-compose/commit/71f6f18d5bc1aa29bbd0f812c4d22bb641efdf96

For the next person running docker in windows:
There is some sort of permissions issue, i could not find exactly what it is(i tried windows side permissions all the way to allowing everything for everyone), while mounting volumes from within the docker-compose.yml. I could not get xdebug to work because i could not get the container up and running at all while having local access to the mounted volume files. This pertains to filters.local because i was mounting it as a volume from within the yml and it would not work. When i just copied in the files after the container was up and running (using docker exec) and putting the files i wanted to copy inside sub-folder of config.d and then copying them into filters.local when an update was needed. and chmod the filters to 666.

docker exec --workdir /var/www/html/tt-rss/plugins/af_comics/filters.local ttrss-docker-app-1 sh -c ‘cp /opt/tt-rss/config.d/filters.local/* .’
docker exec --workdir /var/www/html/tt-rss/plugins/af_comics/filters.local ttrss-docker-app-1 sh -c ‘chmod 666 *.php’
docker exec --workdir /var/www/html/tt-rss/plugins/af_comics/filters.local ttrss-docker-app-1 sh -c ‘chown app *.php’

Also, in addition to the permissions issue, ttrss is MUCH slower when a volume is mapped where the contents are used regularly.

i’ve never noticed any difference, must be windows-specific too.